Vertuo uses each capsule’s barcode to work out what temperature, quantity of water and number of revolutions are required to make the perfect cup of coffee. The innovative Centrifusion™ Technology allows the aromas to be gently extracted, taking flavour to a whole new level.
1. Reading Simply press start, and the capsule begins to spin. The machine reads each capsule's unique identification barcode and adjusts the extraction settings accordingly.
2. Pre-wetting Rotation pauses for the precisely calculated quantity of water to be added to the capsule, before the infusion process begins. This helps dissolve the different elements of the coffee – including the most precious. After all, that's what it's all about.
3. Extracting Now, the process really revs up: the coffee is gently extracted at up to 4'000 revolutions per minute, allowing brand-new aromas to unfold.
4. Drying The rapid rotation also removes the last few drops of water from the capsule. So, it’s completely dry when it makes its way to the used capsule compartment.
What are the main benefits of the Vertuo system?
1. Infinite Variety The largest selection of coffee styles and tastes. The variety of the Vertuo range is the epitome of quality. Whether it's the roasted notes of a double espresso, the lightness of a filter coffee or the blend of coffee and milk – with more than 18 varieties and styles of coffee, there's no shortage of choice.
2. Maximum Choice Anything is possible, from espresso to a 535 ml Carafe. Vertuo produces coffee in five different sizes. A world of flavour awaits in just one capsule.
3. Simply Smart 4000 rotations per minute at the touch of a button. Revolutionary technology: Vertuo uses each capsule’s barcode to work out what temperature, quantity of water and number of revolutions are required to extract the perfect cup of coffee. Every day brings new possibilities.
What is the difference between Vertuo and Original?
The Vertuo range is coffee redefined, with innovative brewing technology and unique design for the ultimate coffee experience. Offering freshly brewed coffee with crema, the Vertuo machine range makes five cup sizes at the touch of a button: Espresso (40ml), Double Espresso (80ml), Gran Lungo (150ml), Mug (230ml) and Carafe (535ml).
To achieve this range of coffees with just one machine, Vertuo uses five different capsule sizes: a small capsule for Espresso, medium for Double Espresso, and large for Gran Lungo, Mug, and Carafe. Pair a Vertuo machine with the Aeroccino 3 milk frother and enjoy a wide range of milk-based recipes like a macchiato, cappuccino or Latte for long cup recipes. Discover the Vertuo coffee range here.
Behind the scenes, the technology uses gentle Centrifusion™ extraction, recognising each capsule and adapting the parameters accordingly to create your perfect coffee style.
How is Vertuo different from other coffees, like filter or instant?
You can precisely prepare your small or large coffee with generous and silky crema, as each Vertuo machine uses barcode recognition and a brewing extraction system to create your coffee experience. The unique barcode on each capsule adjusts the flow and volume of water, temperature, infusion time and capsule rotation to make the best part of your coffee experience - your perfect coffee, every time.
Are Vertuo capsules recyclable?
All Nespresso capsules are made from aluminium and can be recycled. Bring your used capsules to one of our collection points or drop them off at your nearest Nespresso Boutique or Booth. By adding capsule recycling to your coffee ritual, your coffee won't only taste good, it will feel good too. Find out more about our recycling program.
How much caffeine do the Vertuo capsules contain?
The amount of caffeine is different for each coffee and depends on two factors: the proportion of Robusta in the blend (Robusta contains twice as much caffeine as Arabica), and the quantity of ground coffee used to prepare the cup. For Vertuo, caffeine per cup ranges from 70 to 150 mg for Espresso and Gran Lungo sizes, and from 170 to 200 mg per cup for the Mug & Carafe coffee sizes.
Why does Vertuo have a different range of coffee blends to the Original system?
When it comes to crafting our blends, the process is unique. This includes a rigorous bean selection, expert blending, roasting and grinding for an optimal interaction with the specific brewing parameters of the Vertuo machine. With more than 18 blends and 5 extraction sizes available, we are confident you will be able to find a Vertuo coffee to suit your perfect coffee moment.